What is CariVu?
CariVu is the radiation-free alternative to dental x-rays.
What are the Benefits?
• No radiation
• Better for gaggers
• Less risk for pregnant patients
• Rule out suspicious xrays
• Less removal of healthy tooth due to targeted cavity preparations
• Easier for patient’s to recognize areas of concern.
What is the Process?
- The camera is moved from tooth to tooth taking individual photographs of any areas of concern in the mouth.
- The CariVu picture, intraoral camera picture and xray are all compared and a treatment plan is recommended.
- Patient are then shown the photographs.
How Long Does it Take?
Typical scanning of the entire mouth takes 2-3 minutes.
What does it cost?
NOTHING! We include this service as part of our examination and cleaning service.
Read more about CarieVu here.